Here’s how we were able to get a $100,000 return off a $20,000 investment.
Recently, my team spent $20,000 to upgrade a property. When we closed, we ended up getting $100,000 more than we would have otherwise. Today I want to talk to you about how we did it.
Here’s the scenario: Our clients were siblings whose parents had recently passed away. They became the trustees of the home, but they had no idea where to start. The property was old, full of clutter, and a little dirty. Here are five tricks we used to improve the value of this home:
1. We refinished the hardwood floors. Our main goal was to make this home look new, so this was a great place to start.
2. We updated the paint job. We used bright, neutral colors to freshen things up and make the home pop.
3. We deep cleaned. We hired a professional service to come in and thoroughly clean the property. When they were finished, you could hardly believe it was the same house.
4. We staged the home. Using our professional stagers, we made the place look like it was recently lived in. This way, we avoided remodeling the kitchen and bathroom since the rest of the house looked so new.
5. We put sod in the backyard. Outside space is an important part of making a home feel move-in ready.
Do you know what the best part of this process was? We funded the expenses ourselves. If we know we can put in a little bit of money for a great return, we’d be happy to help. It all depends on the positioning of your home, but if the conditions are right, we can help you get the most money possible.
If you have any questions, just give us a call or shoot us an email. We’d love to help you figure out what’s best for you.